Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Newsflash: Mars=Venus!!

Sporadic blogs, crazy shifts.. corporate life is a muff!!! I'll be the umpteenth one to say it but, well, a fact is a fact. Anyway was running through a period of mass recruitments for the Palace for the past week. Out of the numerous things that meeting 20 new people a day teaches you, one of the realities that dawned on me was.. Men are becoming more and more womanized by the day....

(Disclaimer: Before I proceed may I add that I respect and admire all the ladies I know, and also that I am a big fan of the feminist movement. But having said that, I personally believe that some things are better when they remain the same.)

Anyway, coming back to the original issue, one of the things that I noted was the guys were sitting and chatting among themselves for hours at an end, oblivious to the fact that we offered them some quality food. On the other hand, the girls were quieter than usual, very to-the-point and unusually serious. All this makes me think.. Have the tables really turned??? Whatever happened to Chirpy Chics and Serious Sams?? I say this at the risk of sounding sexist, but its true.

Secondly, almost every male candidate who came along had problem with night shifts. The females on the other hand were totally gung-ho about it. As much as I was pleased to see this, I felt a tad melancholic to see my gender behaving like, well anti-stereotypes.

I mean, I agree the world has changed. But certain things are best when they remain unchanged. Guys having problem with night shifts is like so weird!! I would welcome my nocturnal adventures..ahem!! But then again, I was amazed by the gusto of the Ladies. They were conceptually better, better groomed, well-prepared and of course, much more charming.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again- "Women are finally taking their rightful place in the society". We, on the other hand should not take it as an insult or a call to arms. Rather, a sense of healthy competition and a mature attitude towards the opposite sex is the least that is expected of us at present.

In a nutshell- "Men, Pull up your socks... or get ready to be phased out of the Solar System"!! :-(

Ciao

No comments: