Friday, March 20, 2009

Pappu Ke Paas Hai MBA(almost!!)

Next week we have our farcical exams after which hopefully I will become a Post Grad.Now its one thing to study for an MBA exam, a completely different story for our very own Christa!!

Take for example content... Bullet em down, use words from ur "best-in-the-line" books and u r seen as a master of the subject. Plus presentation. Make ur paper look like a runaway circus clown and u have a winner. U might even get a distinction because you were "well-prepared"!! (Read-armed with array of material u wud normally take for craft class)

Secondly the question papers themselves... well the less i say the better. e.g. last time we had a case study for our mid-terms askin us to define true friendship. I must admit i ahd a hard time suppressing my grin in an otherwise boring exam hall.

And the fines!!!!!!!!!!!! I promised myself not to use any expletives ona public forum. So will try to censor it down. The frupping coll wants me to shell out 1000/- for not bein present on 3rd Jan 2009 failin which i will not be allowed to write my exams. 3rd Jan was a Saturday and was the first weekend after the New Year. Lemme ask you "Who the hell expects a student to turn up for one class thus ruining his one holiday he can spent with his family after a year?!!" Not me thats for sure.

So anyway, thanx to some very proactive students who went the very next day to pay the fine, I am now poorer by a 1000 bucks :( And thats not all, the clerks at the office also expect us to wait for the receipt till they are "free"! I mean gimme a break.... U might as well ask me to come with a pair of gallishes on my shorts and a water bottle around my neck sayin the morning prayer on the field and keep a finger on my lips during class.

But wait, there's more.. Apparently we have our convocation on the 31st of May and failing to turn up will result in a fine of 1000/- more.I have to join my company on June 1st, Mumbai so that makes me poorer by 1000/- bucks again. Not only will I be missing out on my convocation, I will be paying a fine for it too.All i can say is ,"Gentlemen, if you want more money just add it to the fees.Do it in the name of charity.  Don't make me write hate-blogs about my alma mater...."

All said and done, its been an exhausting two years now and given my experiences here I can't wait for my "MBA" to get over. As one of our Professors keep reminding us, "Have you come here to get an M.B.A. or to learn something new that adds value to your life?" Well Sir, I can dare say now that I wud be happy to just get my degree and run, I think I've learnt enough to last me a lifetime!!

P.S. The author of this blog cannot be held responsible for the opinions generated as it is merely a reflection of the general outlook of the entire batch!

Peace

 

No comments: